BOCONGO functions in four (4) Thematic Areas. The four themes are:
1. Inclusive Social Policy
- Building accountable and transparent institutions at all levels.
- Advocating for responsive responsive, inclusive, participatory and representative decision making at all levels.
- Promoting and and advocacy for enforcement of non discriminatory laws and policies for sustainable development
- Advocacy for women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities
- Strengthening sound policies and enforceable legistlation for the promotion of gender equality and empowerment of all women and girls at all levels.
- Advocating for the rights of maginalised and vulnerable groups.
- Empowering vulnerable groups for meaningful participation in and benefiting from development processes.
2. Sustainable Environment and Resource Management
- Climate justice advocacy at all levels.
- Designing of programmes for Sustainable Environment at Resource Management at all levels
- Capacity building for resilience and adaptive capacity to climate related hazards and natural disasters. in all countries.
- Scaling up education, awareness raising and human and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning.
- Building partnerships for Sustainable Environment at Resource Management
- Research for evidence based planning and response interventions.
3. Democratic Governance
- Civic Education and electoral processes.
- Building of democratic and accountable Institutions.
- Capacity Building for Transparency Monitoring.
- Engaging checks and balances.
- Promoting participation.
4. Economic Justice
- Promoting development oriented policies that support productive activities and decent jobs.
- Promoting productivity and effective service delivery
- Tax Justice.
- Sustainable Tourism for job creation.
- Policy advocacy for enabling environment for small business.
- Development of Pro-poor and gender sensitive development strategies.